About the Scholarship
The Hanna Foundation Scholarship is awarded to an individual of any ethnic creed that is in financial need for studying an undergraduate degree in any full-time course at Cardiff University. There is currently only one scholarship to be awarded annually. Preference will be given to applicants studying either Computer Science, Mathematics or Neuroscience.
Applicants must be:
- Registered on a full-time undergraduate course at Cardiff University.
- UK, EU or International students.
- Able to demonstrate financial need, to be determined by Cardiff University and information provided on the scholarship application form.
- Attained 36+ points in the International Baccalaureate (IB) or AAB (or higher) at A Level, or equivalent.
Value, terms and conditions:
- The value of the bursary is £1,000.
- The bursary is tenable for one year only, however applicants are able to re-apply.
Application deadline and procedure:
- Applications are now open and will re-open in 31st January 2016.
- Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
Notification of Results
- Once the deadline for applications has closed Cardiff University will filter the applications, based on the financial information it holds on the students, and forward eligible application forms to The Hanna Foundation to make their selection. Once a student has been selected Cardiff University will notify the student and award the scholarship.
- The student will be asked to keep the Development and Alumni Relations Division up-to-date with their academic achievements and be asked to complete a report at the end of the academic year. The Development and Alumni Relations Division will then inform The Hanna Foundation of the student’s progress.
Apply for the Scholarship
- Eligible students will be able to apply by submitting an application form available from The Hanna Foundation website (PDF, DOC) and the Cardiff University’s Intranet.
- Forms should be returned to the: Development and Alumni Relations Division, Cardiff University, 2-4 Park Grove, CF10 3BN, Wales, United Kingdom.
- Additional information can be found on the Cardiff University Annual Review.